Charcoal grilled chicken can be found from street vendors all over South-east Asia. I’d thought I’d try making some myself.
South-East Asian BBQ Chicken
A tender grilled chicken with a lovely yellow tint.
Write a review
- 2.5 kg of chicken pieces (e.g. chicken legs, drumsticks, etc)
- 1 head of garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons of ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon of ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons of black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 6 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Mix marinade ingredients together.
- Pour over chicken pieces. Make sure chicken is entirely covered.
- Leave covered for at least 10 minutes. Overnight in fridge is better.
- Cook on the BBQ. With my Weber kettle BBQ this means 40-50 minutes on indirect heat.
- If you don't have a BBQ then just roast in the oven for 40 minutes at 220° C
Balagan Recipes http://balaganrecipes.info/