Orange Chocolate Chip Muffins
Chocolate and orange is a lovely combination. These muffins are light and delicious on the day you bake them.
Write a review
- 3/4 cup (150 grams) Sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest (from two oranges)
- 1 3/4 cups (250 grams) white flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup (75 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (from two oranges)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 190º C.
- Grease a tray for 12 muffins.
- In a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients - sugar, orange zest, flour, baking powder, salt, and chocolate.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat wet ingredients - eggs and melted butter, sour cream, milk, orange juice, and vanilla extract.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour wet ingredients into it, then stir just enough to combine. Do not over mix; at most 20 stirs.
- Divide the batter amongst the muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes (a toothpick should come out clean).
- Leave for 10 minutes in the tray, remove muffins from tray, and leave to cool on a wire rack.
Balagan Recipes http://balaganrecipes.info/