Depending on the ingredients and proportions this recipe can be anything from a Japanese teriyaki through to a Chinese Honey Braised Soy Chicken. I have also used it for Honey Soy Beef with Sesame Seeds. It can be used as either a sauce or a marinade.
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup dark soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cm fresh ginger root, peeled and then chopped or grated
- 2-3 tablespoons brown sugar or runny honey
- [Optional] 2 tablespoons dry sherry or Chinese wine
- [Optional] 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Mix all sauce/marinade ingredients