Galit loves soup. This one is simple but tasty. Galit calls it a “light” meal.
Simple but tasty vegetable soup.
Write a review
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped small
- 2 cloves garlic
- 8 cups stock – home made is best, but I add a "Parsley and Garlic" flavoured stock cube for extra flavour
- 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 cups* slow cooking vegetables (eg potatoes, carrots, celery, cauliflower), chopped
- 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 cups* fast cooking vegetables (eg courgette, peas, beans, capsicum, broccoli, but NO tomatoes), chopped
- Optional: 1/2 cup* small pasta
- Salt & pepper
- Optional: Parmesan, sliced thinly
- Sauté onion and garlic in oil in a pot
- Add slow cooking vegetables and stock to onion mixture
- Cook for 20-30 minutes in closed pot
- Just before you’re going to serve, add the fast cooking vegetables and pasta, and cook for another 10-15 minutes
- Season with salt and pepper
- Garnish with parmesan
- Serve with crusty bread
- * In total the vegetables (slow and fast) plus pasta should make about 4-5 cups.
Balagan Recipes http://balaganrecipes.info/