This is a bit of a mash up on an Israeli and a couple of New Zealand Pumpkin soup recipes. Seems to work.
Pumpkin and Kumara Soup
Write a review
- 1 kg Pumpkin, peeled, chopped
- 1/2 kg Kumara (Sweet Potato), peeled, chopped
- 2 Medium Onions, peeled, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 litre water
- 1 tablespoon chicken stock powder
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 250 mls cream
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh Thyme leaves
- Add pumpkin, kumara, onions, garlic, stock powder and water to pot
- Boil until pumpkin and kumara is soft (~25 min)
- Remove and blend vegetables.
- Return vegetables to pot.
- Add nutmeg, cream, salt and pepper to pot
- Cook on medium heat for 7 minutes
- Season to taste
- Garnish with thyme
Balagan Recipes http://balaganrecipes.info/