Manolito’s was a Tex-Mex restaurant in my home town and Sue Dempsey smuggled out a couple of recipes. Their Guacamole was okay, but not great, which I blame on the sour cream they added (300 grams of it). Without the sour cream it was better. With a bit more garlic and a dash of lemon it is even better still. So this is my version of Guacamole. Ana-Louise Ugaldi told me the trick about leaving the avocado pip in the salad to stop the avocado going brown.
- 2 large avocados, mashed (keep the pip)
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, juice only
- Salt and pepper
- Mix, leaving the avocado pip in the salad.
- Leave the avocado pip in the salad to stop the avocado going brown