It was Rosh Hashanah again so we had to make something sweet … very sweet.
Chicken in Orange Marinade with Sweet Potato
Write a review
Ingredients for the chicken
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoon orange ginger marmalade (St. Dalfour)
- 1 tablespoon root ginger, grated roughly
- 1/2 cup semi-dry white wine
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 2 tablespoons of teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange liquor
- black pepper
- 3/4 cup flour
- Vegetable oil (e.g. canola) for shallow frying
Ingredients for the potatoes
- 6 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into long wedges
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (e.g. Canola)
- 3 big onions, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons Demerara brown sugar
- 1 small lemon, sliced with skin still on
- 2 oranges, peeled and segmented
- sugared orange peel
Instructions for the chicken
- Arrange chicken in a baking dish
- Mix orange juice, marmalade, ginger, wine, oil, mustard, teriyaki sauce, liquor, salt and pepper
- Pour sauce over the chicken.
- Marinate in the fridge for 8-10 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade
- Flour chicken breasts on both sides.
- Heat 2cm depth of oil in a pan
- Fry chicken for 2 min each side.
- Transfer to a baking tray.
- Bake at 190° C for 4 min
Instructions for the potatoes
- Arrange potatoes in a baking dish (not with the chicken)
- Fry onion in second batch of oil until golden
- Pour onion and oil over sweet potato
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, sugar over the potato
- Add lemon to dish with potatoes
- Mix it all together.
- Bake at 190° C until soft and brown (~45 min)
- Remove from oven.
- Arrange potato on serving dish.
- Arrange chicken on top.
- Garnish with oranges and sugared orange peel
Balagan Recipes http://balaganrecipes.info/