Simon does a killer roast potato but there is a hazard warning. He’s not shy of oil.
Write a review
- 1 kg King Edward potatoes (because they are nice and floury), peeled and cut to even sizes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180º C (ST: I leave the roasting tray in the oven to preheat that as well)
- Boil the potatoes for 18 minutes until the potatoes start to disintegrate.
- Pour off water (ST: I leave to cool a bit as well)
- Transfer potatoes to the roasting tray
- Pour oil over the potatoes
- Roast for 50-60 minutes at 180º C, turning, until crispy all over (make sure it is a big pan)
Balagan Recipes http://balaganrecipes.info/