I make this dish a lot for my own family. Galit’s mum, Marie, taught it to me.
- 20 Chicken wings, cut into two at the joint
- 1-2 big onions, cut into thick strips
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and black pepper
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup water
- Fry onion until soft
- Add chicken and all seasoning
- Add 1/4 cup water
- Cook ~30 min
- Add more water if it gets dry
- Serve with Ptitim or "pasta rice" as my daughter calls it. Rice would also work.
Ptitim is an Israeli toasted pasta shaped like rice or little balls. Outside of Israel, it is known as Israeli couscous or Jerusalem couscous. In Israel it is sometimes colloquially and jokingly called “Ben-Gurion rice”. (Wikipedia: Ptitim)
We buy Ptitim from the local Israeli shop.