Galit wanted something Kosher for Passover and asked Karine Vigaelles for advice. Karine suggested “Minis Financiers À La Noix De Coco” off her site, but substituting almond powder for flour. A great success. Very moist and light; a delightful contrast to common fare at passover.
Mini Coconut Financiers / Minis Financiers À La Noix De Coco
- 75 grams butter
- 50 grams desiccated coconut
- 85 grams icing sugar
- 25 grams flour or substitute more coconut or almond powder to make gluten free
- 2 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Melt the butter over low heat until a hazelnut colour, then remove from heat, and set aside.
- In a bowl, pour flour, coconut and icing sugar.
- Add the egg white and whisk a moment.
- Add the melted butter while continuing to stir.
- Pour in the silicon financier moulds
- Bake at 180C until golden / very lightly browned (10-15 minutes)