Another fish with cheese offering from Sue. This time with a lemon flavour.
Grilled Fish + Crisp Lemon Cheese Topping
Ingredients for sauce
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
Ingredients for topping
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup cheese grated
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon rind finely grated
- 2 tablespoons gherkins finely chopped (optional)
Ingredients for fish
- 1-2 tablespoons oil
- 750 g fish fillets skinned & boned
- Whisk eggs in a small bowl
- Slowly beat the oil, lemon rind, juice, mustard and parsley into egg (for sauce)
- Mix topping ingredients in a second bowl
- Line grill pan and lightly brush with oil
- Arrange fish on pan.
- Spoon on sauce.
- Sprinkle with topping.
- Grill for 10-15 minutes (not close to grill).
- Serve immediately.
Sue served this with salad plus pita breads flavoured with garlic, parmesan cheese, and olives, but a leafy salad with baked potatoes would serve as well.