As with all my Afghani recipes, this one came from Roqiah. Always served with vegetables, often potatoes.
Write a review
- 1 tomato crushed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 5 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rice
- Fry tomato and sugar in oil until brown
- Add 1/4 cup water to tomato mixture (first cool pot in cold water)
- Add rest of water and salt and bring to boil
- Add rice to boiling water.
- When boiling again, boil for 2 min.
- Drain and return to pot.
- Sprinkle tomato mixture on top.
- Heap rice in middle.
- Cover and steam for 30 min on low heat, then 15 min on very low (less than 1).
- Serve on big flat plate.
Balagan Recipes http://balaganrecipes.info/