Mmmmmm. Little sweet middle eastern pastries. Perfect with black coffee.
Write a review
- 800 g filo pastry
- 1 3/4 cups (350 g) melted butter or margarine
- 6 cups (750 g) nuts (almonds or walnuts or pecans), chopped
- 2.5 cups (500 g) sugar
- 2 tablespoons rose water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Layer pastry sheets with butter or margarine between each sheet.
- Spread nuts over half filo and fold filo over to form a kind of sandwich or just spread nuts over the top
- Bake 180º C for 25 min, then 150º C for 25 min.
- Boil sugar, rose water and lemon juice for 15 minutes until syrup
- Pour over pastry
Balagan Recipes http://balaganrecipes.info/