Galit was put on a wheat free diet for a couple of weeks. Unfortunately this overlapped with Pancake Day (Shrove Tuesday), so I was forced to invent a wheat free pancake. These were quite successful, although more fragile than the wheat based version. Makes about 8 pancakes.
Wheat Free Pancakes
- 1 3/4 cups milk use more or less depending on consistency you want
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Xantham gum a glucose substitute
- 1 1/2 cups rice flour
- 1/4 cup corn flour
- Pinch salt
- Mix or blend the liquid ingredients
- Add dry ingredients to liquids.
- Mix or blend.
- Cook in greased pan, flipping half way through.