Marie served this to me late one night. It was left over from a meal the previous day. But it was so good I asked her to make it again. The fresh version was just as good.
Marie's Chicken and Potato on the Hob
- 12 Chicken Drumsticks
- 3-4 Robert says 6 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Black Pepper
- Sweet Paprika
- 1 kg potato peeled and cut into 1 cm slices
- More Salt
- More Black pepper
- More Sweet Paprika
- 1 cup water
- Coat the chicken in the garlic, salt, pepper and paprika
- Heat the oil in a large pan (it should have a lid as you'll have to cover it latter.
- Fry the chicken on all sides until coloured
- Coat the potato in the extra salt, pepper and paprika
- Layer the potato over the chicken
- Add the water to pan
- Bring to boil
- Lower temperature
- Cook until potato cooked without stirring.