Sarah described this as “Yum Yum Yum!!!”
Hot ‘n’ Sour Fish
Write a review
- Fish in bite size bits
- Soy sauce
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- Fresh chillies
- Fresh ginger
- Fresh spring onions – cut long ways
- 1/2 cup of chicken stock
- 1/4 cup of vinegar
- dash of soy sauce
- 2 dessertspoons of sugar
- 2 more teaspoons of cornflour
- Marinate fish in soy sauce and sprinkle of salt (marinate for anything from 5 mins to overnight).
- Make batter with egg whites and 2 teaspoons of cornflour - mix together and beat until fluffy.
- Batter fish
- Cook bits of fish in shallow oil.
- Put aside.
- Pour out the excess oil, leaving a bit in pan for sauce mixture.
- Cook chillies, ginger, spring onions in pan fish was cooked in.
- Mix sauce ingredients - stock, vinegar, soy, sugar, and 2 teaspoons of cornflour.
- Add sauce mixture to chillies etc.
- Cook until thickens slightly.
- Add the fish back into the mixture and simmer for approximately 5 mins.
- Yum Yum Yum!!!
- Serve piping hot with rice!!
Balagan Recipes http://balaganrecipes.info/