By Lesley Van Alphen. Good. Easy. Kind of like Vogels bread.
Flower Pot Bread
A bread recipe with optional kneading and where the bread can be cooked in a flower pot! Double recipe to actually cook it in a flower pot.
Write a review
- 1 teaspoon sugar or honey
- 2/3 cups boiling water
- 2/3 cups cold milk
- 1/2 rounded teaspoons active yeast (orange top)
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 1/2 cups wholemeal flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon bran, wheatgerm (optional)
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds
- Dried fruit (optional)
- Nuts (optional)
- Raisins (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar or honey (optional)
- Put sugar, water, milk into bowl
- Sprinkle yeast on liquid. Leave to froth (about 15 minutes)
- Add rest of ingredients
- Mix well - can’t over mix the bread
- Kneading is optional!!!!!
- Fill tin (or flower pot) with dough
- Put in oven at 70° C for about 30 minutes, or until dough has risen
- Turn oven up to 200 for 30 minutes to bake.
- Leave loaf in pot for about 10 minutes
- To season a new flower pot, oil real well, and put in oven at 100° C for at least 1/2 hour. Do not wash pot, keep dust free.
- You can replace both water and milk with 1 1/3 cups of warm milk.
- You can make this in a normal loaf tin or in a flower pot, as the title suggests. If using a flower point cover the insides of the flower pot with tin foil. You will also need to double recipe to actually cook it in a flower pot.
Balagan Recipes http://balaganrecipes.info/