I like the idea of fish with a salsa. Swashbucklers, my favourite Friday night haunt in Auckland, did a great Tuna steak with an Avocado Salsa. Delicious and even tastier because we then followed up with a night of Salsa dancing. The recipe below is similar to what Swashbucklers served up. I flatted with a guy called Brian who had a much simpler version … just avocado, tomatoes and mayonnaise for the salsa.
Fish with Avocado Salsa
Ingredients for salsa
- 2 large avocados diced
- 2 small tomatoes chopped finely
- 1/2 small red onion chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 1/2 lemon juice only
Ingredients for fish
- 4 fish steaks swordfish, tuna, or similar
- [Optional] Lime wedges
- Combine salsa ingredients in a bowl
- Cook fish on a heated, oiled grill plate until it is browned on both sides and cooked through.
- Serve fish topped with the salsa and lime wedges