Sandy was married to an Israeli of Egyptian origin and learnt how to cook rice from his family.
Egyptian Rice Recipe
This method of cooking rice leaves a beautiful caramelised crust at the bottom.
Write a review
- 1 cup rice
- 1.5 cups water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Wash rice in sieve and leave to dry
- Put water on hob to boil
- Add oil and salt to water
- Add rice. Stir
- Cook until rice has absorbed all water
- Lower heat to minimum and leave to cook another 10 min
- Stir and leave to cook another 20 min
- Remove from heat and put pot on wet cloth
- Remove rice and put on a serving dish
- Remove crust from the bottom of pot and put on top of the rice
- The proportion of rice to water is always 1 cup rice to 1.5 cups water.
Balagan Recipes http://balaganrecipes.info/