Chicken and coriander and mushrooms. Perfect for Galit.
Chicken and Coriander Casserole
Chicken and rice in the oven. Flavoured with coriander and Shitake mushrooms.
Write a review
- 8 Shitake mushrooms
- 8 boneless chicken thighs
- 2 cups rice
- 2 onions, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds, crushed slightly
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 3/4 cups chicken stock, boiled
- Sliced shitake mushrooms (from above)
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped
- Heat oven to 210º C
- Soak Shitake mushrooms in boiled water for 20 min. Discard water. Remove stalks. Slice thinly.
- Fry chicken in casserole dish until golden. Remove fro dish.
- Fry rice, onions, garlic, spices, salt and pepper. Stir until aromatic.
- Add fish sauce, stock and shitake mushrooms to rice mixture
- Place chicken pieces above the rice mixture
- Cover well
- Cook for 45 minutes at 210º C. Remove from oven.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.
Balagan Recipes http://balaganrecipes.info/