As with all my Afghani recipes, this one came from Roqiah. Serve with any kind of meat, or fried eggs. To be honest it was too oily for me.
Bolanee - Afghani Green Vegetable Fried Pie
Write a review
- 2 cups flour (can have all white flour, or 3 quarters white and 1 quarter whole meal)
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- warm water (not too hot)
- 3 cups spinach
- 1/2 cup coriander
- 1 cup spring onion
- 1/3 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Put flour, yeast and salt in bowel and mix dry.
- Add warm water until dough is thick.
- Clean the sides of the bowel with fingers.
- “Rise” in a warm place for 60 minutes or more.
- Finely chop the greens.
- Put spinach, coriander, spring onion, salt and oil all together in a big bowel.
- Mix the ingredients.
- Squeeze the vegetables with the tips of fingers, this makes the vegetables softer and easier to use when cooking.
- Place a frying pan on low heat.
- Arrange oil and a table spoon beside the frying pan.
- Make dough balls about the size of a medium tomato.
- Roll one ball flat at a time (20 cm across).
- Fill dough with greens
- Stick the sides with a little water.
- Fry both sides on a low heat until golden brown; use 2T oil each side.
- Serve with any kind of meat, or fried eggs.
Balagan Recipes http://balaganrecipes.info/