For some reason I fancied Sticky Toffee Pudding on Xmas day. So I made some. It was both surprisingly easy and very good.
Sticky Toffee Pudding
Both surprisingly easy and very good
Ingredients for the Pudding
- 55 grams butter
- 170 grams brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup
- 2 free-range eggs
- 200 grams self-raising flour
- 200 grams pitted dates
- 290 ml boiling water
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Ingredients for the Sauce
- 110 ml double cream
- 55 grams butter diced
- 55 grams brown sugar
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
Ingredients for serving
- Vanilla ice cream
Instructions to cook
- Preheat the oven to 200º C.
- Grease and flour 20 cm square cake tin.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a food processor until fluffy.
- Add the golden syrup and eggs, a little at a time, and blend until smooth.
- Add the flour and blend, at a low speed, until well combined.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Blend the dates and boiling water in a food processor to a smooth purée.
- Stir the bicarbonate of soda and vanilla into the date mixture
- Pour the date mixture into the pudding batter and stir until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin and bake at 200º C until the top is springy and golden-brown (about 35-40 minutes).
- Heat all of the sauce ingredients in a pan, stirring occasionally, until boiling.
Instructions to serve
- Remove the pudding from the cake tin
- Cut the cake into large pieces (6-9 depending on greed)
- Place each piece of cake onto a serving plate.
- Pour the sauce over the cake
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Adapted from James Martin