Based on a nominally Spanish recipe by Anya von Bremzen. The main advantage of this dish is that it, being based on a pre-cooked chicken, can be prepared in 30 min.
Roast Chicken with Dried Fruit
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup pitted prunes
- 1/2 cup dried apricots
- 1/2 cup pitted dried sour cherries
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 10 cm strip of orange zest
- 10 cm strip of lemon zest
- 1/2 cup port
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 1 cooked roast chicken possibly store bought
- 2/3 cup chicken stock
- Add oil, fruit, nuts and zest to a heavy pan
- Cook over medium heat until fruit starts to brown (3-5 min)
- Add port and cinnamon stick to pan
- Cook until syrupy (about 5 min)
- Cut chicken into eight pieces and set aside. .
- Reserve the juices and add to the pan with the fruit.
- Add stock to the pan.
- Bring to boil.
- Simmer until reduced (about 5 min).
- Add the chicken pieces to the pan.
- Turn the chicken pieces to coat thoroughly.
- Simmer until chicken heated through and sauce reduced further (about 10 min).
Adapted from Spanish recipe by Anya von Bremzen