Really simple and really wicked. Serve with a salad and new potatoes. Serves 4.
Chicken in Tarragon Cream Sauce
Write a review
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 15 grams butter
- 800 grams of chicken pieces (about 8 drumsticks), skinned
- [Optional] 3-4 cups of Vegetables (for example, 350 grams of chopped
- mushrooms and a bunch of finely chopped spring onions)
- Leaves from 3-4 sprigs of tarragon (or, I guess 1 teaspon of dried tarragon)
- 1 - 1.5 Cups white wine and/or chicken stock
- More white wine
- 100 - 150 ml cream or sour cream or crème fraîche
- Salt and pepper
- [Optional] 1 teaspoon French mustard
- [Optional] Paprika or tarragon leaves
- Heat oil & butter
- Seal chicken quickly on both sides (or whether you brown or not is up to you - I like them browned)
- Add vegetables, spring onions and tarragon to chicken.
- Cook for 2 min.
- Add first batch of wine or stock to chicken
- Bring to boil
- Cover and poach gently for until chicken is tender (but cooked), turning occasionally (20 min if you only sealed the chicken and 15 min if you browned it)
- Transfer chicken and vegetables to a warm platter, cover and keep warm.
- Top up remaining pan juices with wine so it is at least 1 cup
- Boil pan juices until slightly syrupy
- Stir cream, salt and pepper, and mustard into sauce.
- Boil until slightly thickened.
- Return chicken and vegetables to pan, turn into sauce and heat together briefly.
- Sprinkle Paprika or tarragon leaves over chicken
Balagan Recipes http://balaganrecipes.info/