This spice mix is used to flavour both Cajun and Creole dishes, e.g. Gumbo. The recipe makes about 1 cup.
Cajun Spice Mix
- 1/2 cup paprika
- 1/4 cup black pepper
- At least 1 1/2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder or garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons onion powder or onion salt
- [Optional] 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- [Optional] 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
Kelly, D. (1993). Creole and Cajun Cooking. Australia: Ken Fin Books.
Passmore, J. (1992). Step-by-Step Cajun Cooking. Sydney: Murdoch Books.