A friend of mine, Gitit Wainer, did a cooking course and sent through a few recipes. This one is kind of like a pizza pie with antipasti.
Bread with Antipasti
I learnt a real easy bread recipe and upgraded it. Some of it I baked as is but the rest I filled with antipasti I made. The recipe goes like this.
Write a review
Ingredients for bread
- 2 cups of water
- 4 spoons oil/butter
- 5 spoons sugar
- 2 1/2 teas spoons salt
- 6 cups flour (u can mix whole wheat flour with regular bread flour)
- 3 tea spoons dry yeast
- nuts/seeds/spices (I use sun flower seeds)
Ingredients for antipasti
- sweet potato
- eggplant (cut it into thin slices)
- olive tapenade
Instructions for bread
- Mix water, oil, sugar, salt, flour and yeast together let it rise touch it a bit after doubled let it rise again and make the bread from it.
- Add nuts/seeds/spices to the dough (u can add whatever nuts/seads/spices u like).
- Some of it I baked as is but the rest I filled with anti-pasti I made.
- [Gitit was a bit terse here. Have a look at my Basic Bread recipe for the steps -- Steven]
Instructions for bread with antipasti
- I baked in the oven garlic, onion and sweet potato (I wraped each on with tin foil).
- When they were soft I took them out and cut them nicely.
- At the same time I sautéed an eggplant (cut it into thin slices)....
- After the dough was ready I kneed it to a rectangular shape,
- I spread olive tapenade on the bread
- on top of the tapenade in the middle only I organized the antipasti.
- I cut the margins of the dough diagonally in 2.5 cm gap from each side of the filling and then braided it. (I hope u can envision it...).
- Wrapped it with cling film and put in the fridge over night.
- Then took it out of the fridge and baked it like u would bake any other bread...
- It was delicious!!!
- Hope it all made sense..
Balagan Recipes http://balaganrecipes.info/