Apple and pumpkin soup. Sound interesting and Amanda Thomas-Griffiths recommended the recipe highly. I have to admit my attempt wasn’t flash.
Apple and Pumpkin Soup
- Half pumpkin
- One decent apple granny smith is the best
- One large carrot
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Freshly grounded pepper
- Knobs of butter - as required depending on how fat you want to get!
- Chop the stuff required to be chopped and put in a saucepan (well there’s a thing!).
- Pour on the stock
- Mix in the spicy bits.
- Drop knobs of butter on top
- Simmer till quite tender.
- Add cream if desired (milk does just as well) or thin with water (yuk).
- Sprinkle chopped parsley (also if desired)
- Et voila! Yum