Roqiah explained some traditional Afghani dishes to me – including this one.
A traditional Afghani chicken dish.
Write a review
Ingredients for marinade
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- Tiny bit of mint
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon mild curry powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- Natural yoghurt (optional)
Ingredients for chicken
- 1 1/2 cups water (or more)
- 1 chicken in pieces
- Onion, chopped
- Tomatoes, chopped
- Mix marinade ingredients well. Should be very thick.
- Add water to marinade.
- Dip chicken pieces in marinade and place in a dish that can be used on the hob and in the oven.
- Pour rest of marinade over top.
- Chop onion and tomatoes and layer over chicken.
- Bring dish to boil on hob.
- Bake in oven at 150° C for 30 min, then 250° C for 15 min.
- Serve on big flat plate. Any extra gravy serve in a separate bowl.
Balagan Recipes http://balaganrecipes.info/