Joan served this up to us on a beautiful summers day in New Zealand. Fresh and zingy, and very satisfying. It has become a favourite of ours during the brief British summers.
Exotic Noodle Salad
- 8 pieces of Dried Mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon grass finely chopped
- 1 knob of fresh ginger finely chopped
- 1 lemon both juice and finely grated rind
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/4 cup of stock or water
- Precooked noodles e.g. Udon (sufficient for 2-3 people)
- 8 snow peas or sugar snap peas or beans or peas
- 1/4 cup roasted cashews
- 2 spring onions sliced on angle
- 4 tablespoons fresh coriander chopped
- 1 red capsicum chopped (optional)
- 4 cherry tomatoes (optional)
- Pour boiling water over the mushrooms
- Leave mushrooms to soak until soft, approximately 20 min.
- Chop mushrooms finely
- Add garlic, lemon grass, ginger, lemon, sesame oil, soy sauce, oyster sauce, chilli sauce, fish sauce, and stock to pot
- Boil for 2 min until sauce is reduced and thickened slightly.
- Place noodles in a heat proof bowl. Pour boiling water over. Stir to loosen strands. Leave for 1 min. Drain.
- Transfer noodles to a serving platter
- Pour sauce over noodles
- Use vegetables and nuts to decorate the noodles