Galit grew up thinking all Pizzas were vegetarian, and in our household that is true. I got the recipe from Eti Wainer-Iluz. One of Galit’s favourites – both Eti and the Pizza.
Ingredients for Bread Base
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2/3 cups warm water 1 part boiling to 2 parts cold
- 20 g 4 teaspoons dry yeast or 50 g Fresh yeast
- 3.5 cups flour
- 1/2 cup oil
Ingredients for Sauce
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 onions
- 1 can mushrooms
- 3 capsicums peppers – cut in squares
- 2 cans peeled tomatoes
- Pepper salt, oregano, Tabasco
Ingredients for Pizza
- Lots of yellow Cheese – grated
Instructions for Bread Base
- Mix sugar and water.
- Sprinkle yeast on top of water and whisk.
- Leave until 2 cm of froth on top (10-15 min)
- Add flour and oil to yeast
- Mix ingredients and let grow in bowl (double size)
- Oil big oven tray
- Roll out dough and pat into tray, and prick with a fork.
- Bake 180º C until a little hard but before it has colour.
Instructions for Sauce
- Fry garlic and bay leaves.
- Add onion and fry until golden.
- Add mushrooms and mix.
- Add capsicum.
- Mix and fry a bit.
- Add tomatoes and cook a bit.
- Add and cook a bit.
Instructions for Pizza
- Put sauce on bread base.
- Add yellow cheese, feta, olives and oregano to top