Marie Hodges served this up at one of my dinner parties. Fattening but yum.
Cobb Loaf Dip
Fattening but yum.
- 3-4 leaves silver-beet chopped
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3/4 cups mayonnaise
- 250 g cream cheese
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon each dill basil
- 1 large 450 gm cobb loaf or 2 small ones
- Lightly cook the silver-beet by steaming in pot with small amount of water.
- Drain water off when cooked, cool.
- Put silverbeet, onion, curry powder, cheese, mayonaise and herbs into food processor or blender, process until smooth.
- Cut lid off cobb bread and put aside.
- Hollow out bottom of cobb loaf leaving approximately 1 cm all around.
- Fill cavity with blended mixture.
- Put lid back on.
- Put into shallow dish or onto oven tray.
- Bake at 180º C for 1/2 an hour.
Serve with corn chips, pita bread, or chopped vegetables