Found this dish in Reviva-im-Cilia, a fab cafe in Ramat HaSharon near Tel Aviv. They also do incredible tarts, but that is another story.
Chicken in Mustard Sauce
Very satisfying meal and long time favourite.
- 4 chicken breasts
- Optional: 1 onion in rings Reviva-im-Cilia has the onion in accompanying potatoes.
- 1 tablespoon chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon mustard hot
- 2 tablespoons mustard with seeds
- 1 cup white wine or half and half water and wine
- 250 ml cream
- Fry chicken on high heat for 3 min on each side
- Move to baking dish
- Fry onion in same pan as chicken for 1 minute
- Add remaining ingredients to onion
- Simmer for 5 min
- Pour sauce over chicken
- (At this point it can be stored in the fridge)
- Bake in hot oven for 10 minutes